Low budget trigger for dual flash

Camera trap build description resulting trap photos.
danner

Low budget trigger for dual flash

Post by danner »

Hi I am building my first camera trap and have a canon D700, and I will buy two flashes. Has anyone tried the godox ct-16 or any similar budget triggers?
Cheers Daniel
westcocanuck2

Re: Low budget trigger for dual flash

Post by westcocanuck2 »

Welcome to the club Dan,

You better first check the model of your camera, I believe that there's no such a camera as the Canon D700, however, there is a Canon 700D/Reble T5i and a Nikon D700

Then In the "SEARCH BOX" in the upper right corner of the Camtrapper home page, search each one of the following words and read away.
flash trigger - canon 700D - slave flash

It can get very costly and time-consuming to find the right combination of flash triggers and slave flashes that work in sync with your camera. So best go with a proven combination.
I seem to recall that your control board should also be programmed for your specific needs, but I may be mistaken. Best let someone else who's far more knowledgeable than I take it from here.

Good luck,
Gary
To better appreciate an animal, you must first walk in its footsteps
danner

Post by danner »

Hi! Thanks for you answer. Of course canon 700d, I always mix up placement of the "D". I use Olympus systems as my main cameras.

Yes, I better make more research. Found this topic viewtopic.php?f=113&t=12147&p=99768&hilit=sb28#p99768. And while I am mixing canon dslr with nikon nb-24 flashes I might use a cable instead of wireless.
Cheers, Daniel
westcocanuck2

Post by westcocanuck2 »

The Nikon SB-28s are the most popular slave flashes, a few other Nikon SB series flashes are also very good.
viewtopic.php?f=113&t=7304
To better appreciate an animal, you must first walk in its footsteps
RichardB

Post by RichardB »

Yes, I adapted Yognuno 603 units (transmitter) to trigger receiver on both camera and flash units (which do not need mods). I used Nikon cameras and flashes. Also, entended the standby time with augmented batteries. ‘How tos’ on this forum.