First Post: Backyard Mule Deer and Raccoon

Camera trap build description resulting trap photos.
nrake

First Post: Backyard Mule Deer and Raccoon

Post by nrake »

Hi everyone. My name is Noah and I have just started camera trapping over the past few months. I am very happy I found this forum. The information, the images, and the people here are amazing! Below are my first captures.

Mule Deer in Castro Valley, California (8/26/21) [Nikon D3100, F8, 1/320 s, 1x Canon Speedlight, v3 Camtraptions sensor]
Placed camera in crossing along valley bottom. Trail was used by multiple deer in a three day span. I pulled set after this time because I was heading back down to school in Southern California.
Buck.jpeg
Buck2.jpg
Doe.jpg

Racoon in Livermore, California (1/5/22) [Nikon D3100, F9, 13 s exposure, 1x Sb-28, v3 Camtraptions sensor]
There are many game trails that run behind the backyard fences of my parents suburban neighborhood. Common visitors include red foxes, striped skunks, opossums, and raccoons. I have had the set up for about 8 days now with the goal of capturing a fox, yet this is the first image of any kind. It has proven difficult to predict the exact location/trail that the animals will take. I have reconfigured the set after learning from this image and will keep this thread updated on any progress.
Racoon.jpg
Thanks for viewing!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
pastorjim08

Re: First Post: Backyard Mule Deer and Raccoon

Post by pastorjim08 »

Very nice images! Welcome to the best camera forum on the web. I look forward to seeing more of your work.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Religion is mans attempt to get to a god. Christianity is God's attempt to get to mankind
ghosthunters

Post by ghosthunters »

Hey Noah.. welcome to the forum .. good job on the photos

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bigbassmann

Post by bigbassmann »

Nice photos Noah and welcome to the forum. Keep up the good work.
cameratrapcodger

Post by cameratrapcodger »

Nice sharp images, Noah. Keep at it. You are off to a good start.
nrake

Post by nrake »

Thank you everyone. Seems like the opossum and raccoon are pretty habitual. These are images [F9; 1/60] from the very next night. It makes me smile to know that there is thriving wildlife in my parents backyard.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ArthurV

Post by ArthurV »

Great start