All in a days work.

Miscellaneous Topics
-jeff

Re: All in a days work.

Post by -jeff »

Today I happened to look down towards the creek and something looked out of place. I walked down there and noticed a large branch broken off from a large cottonwood tree. At the creek I have an IP camera so I looked back at the stored motion video and found this.

Glad I wasn't standing there when this tree decided to succumb to the gravitational pull of the earth.

Also found this video.

cameratrapcodger

Post by cameratrapcodger »

Rare capture -- that's got to be good luck!
ghosthunters

Post by ghosthunters »

Cool

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-jeff

Post by -jeff »

I spent last week doing spring camera checks in western NE, WY and CO. First stop was a timelapse camera located at the border of NE and WY. This is a gauging station at the state line that measures how much water is flowing from WY to NE in the North Platte River.

Then on to WY to look at a few possible new locations for timelapse cameras and check on existing timelapse cameras and camera traps. Here are a few random images from a few days of travel.

Devils Gate on the Sweetwater River.

The landowner told us it was a good year for rattlesnakes. This was the first stop we made.

I saw this on the wall of the ranch house I stayed at. A jackrabbit with antlers? Has anybody seen one of these in the wild?

Then on to Pathfinder Reservoir. This camera looks at the dam spillway and has been there for almost ten years taking pictures at the top and bottom of every daylight hour.

Fremont canyon below the dam. This trip I updated all the cameras to supercapacitor power storage. So, no more batteries to replace when they fail.

Wild flowers were in bloom everywhere.

Next stop Seminoe Reservoir. Same procedure. Update camera controller, swap memory cards, clean solar panel, clean lens filter and set camera clock.

Sunshine Beach on Seminoe Reservoir.

More wild flowers.

Camera trap.

Looks closely and you can see two sandhills cranes and two little ones.

A healthy grove of aspen trees.

Next stop Lake Agnes in Colorado timelapse camera. My 1123' above sea level body did not like walking up hill at about 11,000'. But I made it.

While working on this camera I looked up and saw a couple specks in the distance on the slope. I am constantly impressed by the zoom capabilities and image quality of the Sony RX10 IV camera.

This is Cheesman Reservoir southwest of Denver. Not much water here for late spring after a winter of average snowpack.

The South Platte River below the dam. The timelapse camera is on the bridge.

Back to north central NE and a few cameras to check.

That's about it. It is always good to spend time in the field but now it's back to the shop to try to catch up again.
ghosthunters

Post by ghosthunters »

Thanks for sharing all this Jeff .. love it

-jeff

Post by -jeff »

This morning I was sitting at my desk, and as usual in the mornings the quail were whistling. So, naturally I whistled back. After a few minutes of back and forth dialog I looked up and this little bobwhite male was standing about ten feet from my open door. I very carefully grabbed a camera and recorded his tour of the driveway.

buckhuntertrailcam

Post by buckhuntertrailcam »

Always good to see what you are up to.
No quail just the text.
www.trevorwillistaxidermy.com
Vimeo: Trevor Willis
-jeff

Post by -jeff »

A couple days ago I was removing a camera from a tower. I loosened the brackets and grabbed the end. This was under the bracket where I could not see it.

My finger poked right into the center of the nest. The pain from the sting was immediate and tapered off about twenty minutes later. Then it started swelling. That went down after about an hour and the area around the sting turned hard. Then yesterday the skin pealed off.

Ill be more careful next time.
ghosthunters

Post by ghosthunters »

Ouch... and ... yikes

buckhuntertrailcam

Post by buckhuntertrailcam »

buckhuntertrailcam wrote:Always good to see what you are up to.
No quail just the text.
Oh good the video has appeared. Yes I love the call of the Bob, l bred them for a number of years here in the house yard. The foxes, cats, Kookaburra's and owls really hammered them, l gave up in the end. I was just providing them with an easy free feed.
www.trevorwillistaxidermy.com
Vimeo: Trevor Willis