Camera Curious Bears

Post Images and Videos From Your Homebrews (Please Include Make And Model Of Camera)
cameratrapcodger

Camera Curious Bears

Post by cameratrapcodger »

This is the first of several videos I am trying to finish. We all know it's hard to ignore bears when camera trapping, and that's what this video is about. It sums up what I've learned about their attraction to trail cameras, and I hope you enjoy it.
pastorjim08

Re: Camera Curious Bears

Post by pastorjim08 »

You captured alot of curious behavior with that video. Thanks for posting
Religion is mans attempt to get to a god. Christianity is God's attempt to get to mankind
Bkontio

Post by Bkontio »

That was great! I haven't had cams out until just recently and all I get is are bears tearing cams off of trees. Your video gives me some hope that they'll adapt to their presence.
westcocanuck2

Post by westcocanuck2 »

That was creative, educational, humorous, and very well done.
I particularly enjoyed the great captures of the relaxing bear and the bear dissecting felled dead wood.
To better appreciate an animal, you must first walk in its footsteps
ghosthunters

Camera Curious Bears

Post by ghosthunters »

Very well done Chris. I absolutely loved this. Looks like a lot of time and effort went into the creation of this video.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
greengrass

Post by greengrass »

AWesome video Chris! Great book on bears called out on a limb that that's worth a read if you haven't read it. I currently camera trap in locations with no bears, and never had sets disturbed, it's a blessing and a curse.

You talked about mouth open bears and blowing air, which reminded me of this (same Author of the book above), cued to the correct starting point:
cameratrapcodger

Post by cameratrapcodger »

Thanks for the comments, guys. I enjoyed his book, but I hadn't seen the video. There is nothing like hand reared animals to see things like "air gulping'. Kilham has seen it all, and up close. Many thanks. (His dad was a well-published ornithologist, though I believe he was a medical doctor by training.)