Coyote Meets Camera

Post Images and Videos From Your Homebrews (Please Include Make And Model Of Camera)
cameratrapcodger

Coyote Meets Camera

Post by cameratrapcodger »

HERE's a new video showing coyotes meeting trail cameras. Yes, another film about critters messing with cameras. I have a couple more in the making and then I'll move on to some other subjects. One revelation from this project was that coyotes don't seem to "look the camera squarely in the eye". They seem to see the camera from a glance or from an off-center gaze, at least in daylight. You'll see what I mean. At night it's a different situation -- their eye-shine to the IR light seems to be right on target. If you're a dog owner you'll know that this is not the case with our pets. BTW, none of these Browning cameras had "no glow" IR lights. Happy 4th!
pastorjim08

Re: Coyote Meets Camera

Post by pastorjim08 »

The yotes in my area don't usually pay any attention to them during daylight. But let the flash go off at night and it's "Elvis has left the building" time!

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Religion is mans attempt to get to a god. Christianity is God's attempt to get to mankind
westcocanuck2

Post by westcocanuck2 »

That was fabulous footage of an animal we don't have on our island...yet!
To better appreciate an animal, you must first walk in its footsteps
greengrass

Post by greengrass »

Really neat, loved this! Some of mine get used to the cameras quick and others always seem to be bothered (urban). The rural ones never seem conforatble unless they don't notice it. The pups are the most fun because they don't mind until about they get to be ~3 months of age.
cameratrapcodger

Post by cameratrapcodger »

Thanks for the comments, guys. It's always a treat getting coyote footage, because you don't know what to expect. If you want footage of natural behavior they sure are a challenge, but sooner or later you'll get something exciting.