A Week at the Beaver Pond

Post Images and Videos From Your Homebrews (Please Include Make And Model Of Camera)
Woody Meristem

A Week at the Beaver Pond

Post by Woody Meristem »

Put one of my commercial camera traps back at the beaver pond, here are the results from the first week -- https://forestandfield.blogspot.com/202 ... -pond.html
saltlick

Re: A Week at the Beaver Pond

Post by saltlick »

Cool! It is that time of the year again for beaver pond pics.
skyhorse

Post by skyhorse »

Enjoyed the Video, thanks for sharing.
pastorjim08

Post by pastorjim08 »

Very nice video

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Religion is mans attempt to get to a god. Christianity is God's attempt to get to mankind
westcocanuck2

Post by westcocanuck2 »

That's a beautiful setting Woody and love the Heron. I often get coons with stubby tails and often wondered why they get like that. Do you suppose it's from inter-species confrontations?
To greater appreciate an animal you have to walk in their footsteps
cameratrapcodger

Post by cameratrapcodger »

Good footage and location -- seeing mink is such a treat. I would be interested in knowing how often mink show up, if you leave the set active for a few months.
Woody Meristem

Post by Woody Meristem »

Thanks guys. I've gotten photos and videos of raccoons with short tails and no tails, a raccoon caught on camera several times had no tail and an obvious raw spot where the tail had been. Other than battles with another raccoon the only reason I can think of for the amputated tails are narrow escapes from a predator (coyote or bobcat) but it seems too frequent for for the narrow escape scenario.
Chris, I've gotten mink at that beaver pond before and it's the same beaver pond where I took the photos for my post Encounter with a Mink. The one I saw and the two videos in this post were during mink's breeding season here so that may account for the daytime sightings. I plan to leave the camera in place until late September, so we'll see if the mink remain active at the pond. This year I've seen a lot of mink in that general area, so their population must be quite high.