Cougar

Post Images and Videos From Your Homebrews (Please Include Make And Model Of Camera)
westcocanuck2

Re: Cougar

Post by westcocanuck2 »

Was Stone Sheep your intended target and if so, did you find tracks in the dirt which prompted you to install a camera there?
I seem to recall about 5 years ago you hunting for them and lugging one out on your back for countless km.
To greater appreciate an animal you have to walk in their footsteps
stone

Post by stone »

Thanks for the comments
ArthurV wrote:Awesome. The size of the head and muzzle makes me think it's a tom.
I would agree. Definitely looks like a Tom.
westcocanuck2 wrote:Was Stone Sheep your intended target and if so, did you find tracks in the dirt which prompted you to install a camera there?
I seem to recall about 5 years ago you hunting for them and lugging one out on your back for countless km.
This was on the camera I have setup for Mountain Goats that I have pictures of in an earlier post. Lots more goat pictures. I will try to get some posted in the next few days. I wish I was back up north looking over stone sheep country but these are all from south interior west of the Fraser canyon. Not going to happen this year but a trip north could be a possibility in 2022. I've never looked at a lion distribution map but I think it’s unlikely that lion populations overlap with our northern stone sheep habitats. Lots of lion predation on bighorns in the southern half of the province. If I wasn't so spread out I'd get some cameras setup to Bighorns also. So many species, so little time...
buckhuntertrailcam

Post by buckhuntertrailcam »

ArthurV wrote:Awesome. The size of the head and muzzle makes me think it's a tom.
I tend to agree, albiet it still a young tom. Note the possibility of a torn ear which is very unusual.
www.trevorwillistaxidermy.com
Vimeo: Trevor Willis
cnggack

Post by cnggack »

Great Picture!!