Turn an old Kodak DC 280 into a CamTrap

gltrap

Turn an old Kodak DC 280 into a CamTrap

Post by gltrap »

Greetings to the whole CamTrapper.com community

I have an old Kodak DC 280 Zoom digital camera with firmware 1.01 (probably the last firmware released for this model) that remains unused.

I was wondering: it is not possible to turn it into a CamTrap with some special conversion kit or custom firmware ?

Any advice is welcome. Thanks.
ghosthunters

Re: Turn an old Kodak DC 280 into a CamTrap

Post by ghosthunters »

I am not sure about that one. Perhaps others on here may have a better idea and input ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bigbassmann

Re: Turn an old Kodak DC 280 into a CamTrap

Post by bigbassmann »

That's a pretty old camera and I have never heard of it being used as a camera trap, not saying that it couldn't be but there are lots of other cameras that have been used for a quite some time now that would do a good job for you and most can be found at very reasonable prices. Also the mods needed for the other cameras can be found either on this forum or YouTube with a little searching. You might want to consider some of the other cameras such as the Sony S600, Sony P41, Sony P32, (all of the Sony cameras use a specific memory stick depending on the model but all are powered by AA rechargeable batteries), several Panasonic cameras can be used such as FS5, FS6, FS7, some of the FH models and lots of other such as some of the SZ series. All Panasonic cameras as far as I know use a standard SD card but all need a specific battery.