KEY BOARD WIRE

wolfy

KEY BOARD WIRE

Post by wolfy »

My key board went bad and I cut the cord,stripped the outer sheath off to salvage the 4 wires unside. Any body know what gage they are ?
They are silver stranded.
hightechredneck

Re: KEY BOARD WIRE

Post by hightechredneck »

I used mouse wire for a hack I did, the wires were small and when taken out of the shielded sheath was easy to route.

I have alot of computer parts laying around so I have a bunch of small wire I could salvage!! LOL
hightechredneck

Post by hightechredneck »

Some companies when they upgrade their equipment just throw away the old stuff, mainly put them in a large box and send them to someone who recycles them. If you put an ad on craigslist, or whatever, you may be able to find some keyboards and computer towers (that use ribbon cables inside), for free and use the wires from the keyboards and mice , and maybe the ribbon cables... I have not tried slicing and seperating those yet, but they look like pretty small wires. There is also some other wires that connect some switches and components that could be used as well... If anyone is into re purposing old stuff for new projects.
wolvenkinde

Post by wolvenkinde »

I'm using Playstation controller wires. Nine strands usable for 5ft - should be good for a little while anyway...I will have to dig into the old comp though to see if I can get any ribbon.
Whenever U Can - GET OUTSIDE!