Assorted Sets

Post Images and Videos From Your Homebrews (Please Include Make And Model Of Camera)
westcocanuck2

Assorted Sets

Post by westcocanuck2 »

Some of my past sets.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
To greater appreciate an animal you have to walk in their footsteps
pastorjim08

Re: Assorted Sets

Post by pastorjim08 »

Some of those cameras are very well camo'd.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Religion is mans attempt to get to a god. Christianity is God's attempt to get to mankind
skyhorse

Post by skyhorse »

Agree some are well camouflaged and took some effort to place them.
cameratrapcodger

Post by cameratrapcodger »

Thanks Gary. You have some daring and Inspirational sets there.
ghosthunters

Post by ghosthunters »

Frikin awesome Gary … nice to see that others push the limit for a great photo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
westcocanuck2

Post by westcocanuck2 »

Much of my inspiration has come from you guys and your sets. Hip waders or a 10 ft. telescoping ladder are tools that I have used in the past. For the American Dipper set, I just looked for a rock along the creek with bird poop on it. I placed the cam aimed at the rock and waited and watched. It didn't take long before I got some pics like the following.

I seldom install cams along popular hiking trails but if I do. I always camo the kajeebees out of them to avoid detection. I look for locations of animal activity and trail junctions to maximize my chances. Installing my cams at log crossings, down trees, muddy sections, viewpoints etc. etc. are usually good spots to avoid detection. I've found that people who are preoccupied with the ground in front of them tend not to look to the sides where my cam might be. However, much of where I camera trap is in areas where I don't have to be concerned about people finding my cams. For those sets, I don't bother to camo them, I only place a piece of flat bark on top of the cam to keep the rain off the lens. Besides, Bears most always mess with my cams and often move stuff around and block my camera lens and sensor.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
To greater appreciate an animal you have to walk in their footsteps
cameratrapcodger

Post by cameratrapcodger »

Love those photos. I am hoping that one of these days you'll get some video of the dipper doing the "dipper dance".
Woody Meristem

Post by Woody Meristem »

Great photos of the dipper. Like you I keep my cameras away from trails; even then four of my more remote sets have gotten photos of people. Each time the people have looked at them, three times they just looked or waved and once they apparently tried to take it -- unsuccessfully. I've had one camera go missing, it was near a lightly used trail and cable locked to a tree so it must have been taken by a human.
greengrass

Post by greengrass »

Wow these are awesome, sets and pictures are fantastic!
-jeff

Post by -jeff »

Great dipper images. Truly an interesting bird. The American Dipper doesn't get much coverage. A few years ago I worked with a photographer that was making a short film on the dipper.