RIP Bruce Kekule

Miscellaneous Topics
cameratrapcodger

RIP Bruce Kekule

Post by cameratrapcodger »

I'm sure some of you remember wildlife photographer and camera trapper Bruce Kekule. He visited some of us camtrappers a few years ago. I just learned that he passed on in 2022. Here's an obituary. We took Bruce to dinner at a local Thai restaurant, where he immediately struck up a conversation in fluent Thai. The owner and staff soon circled our table in wonderment as Bruce engaged them like long last friends. It was highly entertaining.
-jeff

Re: RIP Bruce Kekule

Post by -jeff »

Sad to hear. He was quite a character. Thanks for posting.

Here is a link to the "Bruce On The Loose" forum thread. viewtopic.php?p=59958#p59958 and viewtopic.php?p=88609#p88609 Hard to believe that was eleven years ago.
ghosthunters

Post by ghosthunters »

Thanks for posting this .. I never met Bruce but always enjoyed reading about his adventures. He was a huge part of this forum when I started on here. Thanks for posting the Bruce
on the loose links Jeff I also remember reading this stuff.

Reading some of those posts over again was rewarding ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
greengrass

Post by greengrass »

Oh man that's a bummer. Always enjoyed his posts, he wil be missed. Thank you for sharing.
westcocanuck2

Post by westcocanuck2 »

Bruce on the loose tour 2016 included a visit to Canada and that visit included a 4-day stay at my place. He was a larger-than-life character, to say the least, and he lived a very adventurous life indeed. He shared many a story with me during his visit and colorful ones at that. There just wasn't enough time in the day to listen to them all. Bruce's knowledge of Tigers was immense and his dedication, and commitment to helping save the wild Tigers of Asia was extraordinary, he is to be commended for his tireless efforts.

If my memory serves me correctly, wasn't it Bruce who won a game camera, only to have it stolen by a wild Hyena? I remember Bruce posting a picture that another cam recorded of the Hyena trotting off with it in its mouth and never to be seen again.

This picture of Bruce and I was taken by one of my game cams while out on one of our hikes. I said, hey Bruce, look to your left and you will see one of my cams, Gotcha! As you can see in this picture, he was always prepared for that fleeting wildlife moment.

RIP Bruce, you won't be forgotten.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
To better appreciate an animal, you must first walk in its footsteps
Woody Meristem

Post by Woody Meristem »

Bruce's posts were always fascinating and enjoyable. I've missed his posts and I assume others have as well and now we'll never see another. So long Bruce.