simple sniper problem

saltlick

simple sniper problem

Post by saltlick »

I am looking for suggestions on what else to check. The board continues to take pics without any motion. It will do this in both feeder and trail settings, just one will be continous while the other every minute. In walk test, the led will blink even though no motion. I did change the 9 volt. I do have washers under the screws. The regulator is at a constant 5 volts.

thanks for any suggestions.
tbass

Re: simple sniper problem

Post by tbass »

If the regulator is not fluctuating, I'm at a loss on this one. What camera is this?
FIREMANJIM

Post by FIREMANJIM »

I am sure Gary will be glad to swap out the board. He is a great guy!!! Awesome customer service!!!
saltlick

Post by saltlick »

tbass wrote:If the regulator is not fluctuating, I'm at a loss on this one. What camera is this?

W220. Worked great for awhile.
speed2spare

Post by speed2spare »

You dont happen to have another chip you can put in the board and check do you? I had a chip go wacky on me once. Somehow the program on the chip got messed up. Sent the board in to Gary, I cant remember if he reprogrammed the chip or replaced it. Either way it fixed that one.
johnnydeerhunter

Post by johnnydeerhunter »

was this board working properly and then started acting up or is it a new board?

Also, you are saying that if you disconnect the battery and reinstall it that the board enters walktest, then comes out of walktest and starts taking pictures?
saltlick

Post by saltlick »

johnnydeerhunter wrote:was this board working properly and then started acting up or is it a new board?

Also, you are saying that if you disconnect the battery and reinstall it that the board enters walktest, then comes out of walktest and starts taking pictures?

Yes it was working properly but now acting up. I did the mod on the board so the switch turns it on/off and then goes into walktest without disconnecting battery. Last night I tried it again and it never came out of walktest after 5 min. or so. Prior to that, it would eventually go into taking pics, continously on trail mode and every minute on feeder mode.
saltlick

Post by saltlick »

speed2spare wrote:You dont happen to have another chip you can put in the board and check do you? I had a chip go wacky on me once. Somehow the program on the chip got messed up. Sent the board in to Gary, I cant remember if he reprogrammed the chip or replaced it. Either way it fixed that one.

Yeah, I can pull one out of a unit I am using. I can retrieve that camera, this weekend.

thanks
tbass

Post by tbass »

If that doesn't work, then take a real close look at the board and see if anything is missing. Perhaps a cap got knocked off or something. The other thing would be to remove the board from the case and hit it with a tooth brush and some denatured alcohol. The SS is real susceptible to issues from corrosion.
buckshot164

Post by buckshot164 »

Your power switch could cause issues since you said you did the power mod.