simple sniper problem

speed2spare

Re: simple sniper problem

Post by speed2spare »

Great work on trouble shooting the issue Gary.
Cutter

Post by Cutter »

ghoot wrote:Well, I found the problem. One of the little capacitors on the board had a cold solder joint. :bag Seems to be working good now. It's not much for the troubles that you've had, but I threw in a HPWA with the board to help get you started on your next one. ;)
Gary
Gary your one awesome guy to do business with! :10 :10 :10

We all thank you for all you do to help us out! :cheers
FIREMANJIM

Post by FIREMANJIM »

Now that is what I call "Service With A Smile"!!!!!
saltlick

Post by saltlick »

thanks, your the man. Now, hurry up and get the new boards ready to sell.

thanks again
ghoot

Post by ghoot »

saltlick wrote:thanks, your the man. Now, hurry up and get the new boards ready to sell.

thanks again
Thanks, sorry for your troubles on that one.

The SSII is coming together good right now. If everything keeps going on schedule, they'll be ready before the end of this month. :cheers
Gary
Bowmanpa

Post by Bowmanpa »

Gary is TOP NOTCH. I really like working with Gary's boards.
This is a Dummie question but what is a cold solder joint?
ghoot

Post by ghoot »

The joint really isn't solid, the solder didn't flow to both pieces. I found it by reflowing the solder on one end of the cap, and when I did, it came loose from the board, so I know the other end wasn't really soldered to the board, even though it looked like it was.
Gary
Bowmanpa

Post by Bowmanpa »

ghoot wrote:The joint really isn't solid, the solder didn't flow to both pieces. I found it by reflowing the solder on one end of the cap, and when I did, it came loose from the board, so I know the other end wasn't really soldered to the board, even though it looked like it was.
Gary
Ok I C what you are talking about now. Thanks for the info Gary!!!!
lgirardin

Post by lgirardin »

saltlick wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:05 pm I am looking for suggestions on what else to check. The board continues to take pics without any motion. It will do this in both feeder and trail settings, just one will be continous while the other every minute. In walk test, the led will blink even though no motion. I did change the 9 volt. I do have washers under the screws. The regulator is at a constant 5 volts.

thanks for any suggestions.
Im having the same issues with a SSII hooked to a canon t5. Gets stuck on the walktest forever then just constantly triggers on both trail and feeder mode. Any ideas? Tried a new battery and it still didn't do the trick....
ghoot

Post by ghoot »

Hs it been exposed to moisture? Sometimes reflowing the solder joints will fix it if that's the case.